All applicants must describe how the COVID-19 Pandemic impacted them, and how these funds will be used to benefit their business as they continue to recover from the Pandemic. Applicants must demonstrate the financial impact the Pandemic had on them. This Program applies to organizations that experienced loss during the period between March 3, 2021 and October 3, 2022. This grant does not apply to the pandemic period prior to March 3, 2021 per regulations of the US Treasury, and losses prior to March 3, 2021 cannot be considered in this application. Start-ups must be able to describe how their ability to open was hindered during this period, and they must provide sufficient evidence.Applicant Eligibility Requirements
The following are eligible to apply:
- Any business or tax-exempt nonprofit located in Plainfield that experienced loss during the period between March 3, 2021 and October 3, 2022. This also includes fully licensed home occupation businesses located in Plainfield.
- Any established business or tax-exempt nonprofit moving into Plainfield that experienced loss during the period between March 3, 2021 and October 3, 2022.
- Start-ups that can demonstrate they faced increased costs to starting the business due to the Pandemic, or that the business lost expected startup capital due to the Pandemic (during the period between March 3, 2021 and October 3, 2022)
**Loss can be demonstrated as: Decreased Revenues (donations and fees for nonprofits), Financial insecurity. Increased costs, Capacity to weather financial hardship, Challenges covering payroll, rent or mortgage, and other operating costs**
In general, grants can be used for a variety of business-related expenses including:
- Purchase or renovation of equipment. Applicants must demonstrate how the Pandemic hindered their ability to purchase/renovate this equipment (loss of revenue, increased cost, etc.), or how it will assist in recovering from the COVID-19 Pandemic (build a more resilient business, create jobs, etc.).
- Construction/Improvements of real estate. Applicants must demonstrate how the Pandemic impacted their ability to complete the desired work (loss of revenue, increased cost, etc.), or how it will assist in recovering from the COVID-19 Pandemic (build a more resilient business, create jobs, etc.). APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT AT LEAST 3 DETAILED QUOTES OF PROPOSED WORK. Alteration to any leased property must provide written approval by the property owner when applying.
- Employee training (CNA Certification, CPR Certification, etc)
- Tax-exempt nonprofits may also request funds to institute or continue programs that directly assist in the economic and social recovery of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Grants MAY NOT be used for
- Non-business-related expenses.
- Purchase of rolling stock.
- Debt financing.
Physical Copies Must be Addressed to:
Plainfield Town Hall